Homeกร Profileกร Researchกร Educationกร Computerกร Hobbiesกร Linksกร Updateกร Site Map
Design and analysis of algorithms (especially) for combinatorial problems
its practical applications
In our society, we can find a lot of problems to be solved, e.g., in politics or economics, in companies or universities. We know that computer programs are indispensable in solving these problems.
Algorithms are the fundamental, mathematical and abstract ideas of practical programs that are implemented on computers by various programming languages. Here, my research interest is in designing useful algorithms that can solve theose complicated problems occurring in the society. This kind of research has a lot of aspects:
For example, problems that we target for designing algorithms often appear in the following fields:
- Find a problem that occurs in the real world, formulate it as a mathematical model, and reveal its discrete structure,
- Design efficient algorithms that solve combinatorial problems, and also invent new data structures that fits the problems,
- Evaluate those algorithms by various criterion and improve them if possible.
Furthermore, for the problems that we cannot expect efficient algorithms, we are also interested in approximation algorithms or meta-heuristics.
- Graph and network problems
- Parallel processing
- Database (query) processing
- Natural language processing
Related Topics & Keywords
[Osaka Pref. Univ.] [Graduate School of Science] [Dept. Math & Infomation Sci.]